Monday, January 3, 2011

¡Bienvenidos a mi blog!

Greetings friends and family! Welcome to my travel blog. I depart tomorrow for Honduras, where I will spend the next three weeks.


I will be spending the first week or so in Copan, which is located at the tip of the red arrow (above). I'll be attending language classes and staying with a home stay family through the Guacamaya Spanish School. During this time, I'll be attempting to fix my rather broken Spanish. I don't have much confidence in my California-public-school-level-Spanish at the present moment, but I'm hoping this immersion experience will help. This program comes highly regarded by friends, and I look forward to diving back into Spanish. Specifically, I'll be studying medical Spanish as I will be joining a group from Baker City, OR, on their annual medical mission. Dr. Jon Schott will lead the group of about 20 people. He was my rural family medicine clerkship preceptor one year ago. How time flies! I'm thrilled and honored to be joining him and others from his community again (though this time in quite a different climate!).

I depart in a about 25 hours from San Francisco. Have a few more errands to run and few more items to pack. Over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment